Men's Irish Handknit V-Neck Aran Cardigan
Men's Irish Handknit V Neck Aran Cardigan.
These guys set the bar when it comes to 100% wool sweaters and cardigans. Built for life and will become a family heirloom if kept properly. They are timeless pieces and are always in vogue. They are of course unisex sweaters.
Our Men's Irish Handknit V Neck Cardigans are all handknit in County Cork, Ireland, taking up to 60 hours to knit an individual sweater. All our sweaters are knit using 100% Irish Wool yarn from County Donegal. Each sweater has a hang tag identifying who knit that particular sweater.
This time honored craft uses traditional patterns including the cable stitch, the diamond stitch, the zig zag stitch and the honeycomb stitch.
- The Cable Stitch - Representing the Fisherman's ropes.
- The Diamond Stitch - Representing the small fields on The Aran Islands and also the Fisherman's nets.
- The Zig Zag Stitch - Sometimes known as Marriage Lines, can be used to represent the typical highs and low of matrimony and marriage life.
- The Honeycomb Stitch - Signifying the bee, is often used to represent both hard work and its rewards. The honeycomb stitch may be included as a symbol of good luck, signifying plenty.
100% Irish Wool Yarn from County Donegal
- Traditional patterns
- Time honored techniques
- Hand knit by an Irish knitter
- Can be hand washed cold, lay flat to dry or Dry Clean
- Ships same day in the USA