Large Scented Candle by Bog Standard
Basic luxury, hand poured in Ireland.
Easy on the nose, yet terribly hard to forget, these candles fill your space with one of Bog Standard's signature scents. Each fragrance is carefully crafted to reflect the natural heritage of Ireland, from lush patchworks of fields and winding country roads to long sandy beaches and a rain that's never too far away. Relive those fond memories of a holiday in Ireland or get ready for some new ones while you relax at home.
At 6.7 ounces this large candle will provide 40 hours of burning time. When you do reach the bottom of your candle just pop the glass jar in the freezer for half an hour and that last bit of wax should easily fall right out. Toss the wax on an open fire later for one last whiff while you sip some tea or Jameson from your new glassware.
- Natural wax candle
- 40 hour burn time
- Double poured by hand in small batches
- Infused with fragrance to release the same quality of scent over the entire life of the candle
- Fragrance content of 8% (compared to industry average of 3% - 5%)
- Presented in a glass jar with dust cover in a beautiful Bog Standard box
Field - No. 01
- A fresh grass scent with notes of lily, enriched by hints of herb and musk.
- Smells like hazy summer days with the heady scent of a quiet, wild green field.
Linen - No. 02
- A fresh lavender fougere with notes of geranium, rosemary, pine and eucalyptus resting on a base of patchouli, sandalwood and vanilla.
- Smells like soft, freshly laundered linen and a classic lavender scent lingering in the airing cupboard.
Clover - No. 06
- Fresh ozonic top notes with bergamot. Supported by lily of the valley & jasmine, and notes of ginger and grass.
- Smells like meadow grass and the sweet scent of the delicate clover blossom all around. Light and floral, earthy and grassy with watery notes.
Moss - No. 08
- A rich, woody fig fragrance with fresh green top notes, enriched by precious woods and earthy notes. All resting on a warm base of amber, musk, patchouli, coconut and plum.
- Smells like a shady forest floor, soft and green with wild growing moss.
- Natural wax
- Fragrance oils
- Glass jar
- 190 g / 6.7 oz
- 9 cm x 7.5 cm / 3.5 in x 2.95 in
To prolong the life of your candle and ensure safe burning, please follow these usage tips:
- Keep wick trimmed to 4mm for a long and even burn.
- A medium size flame will get an optimal amount of burn time from the candle.
- If the candle has a large flame and is smoking then the wick is too long, trim it to 4mm.
- The wick may curl a bit at the top; remove this to help prevent a large flame and smoking.
- Be careful, the glass jar will be hot while burning and for a while afterwards.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
About Bog Standard
The power of a scent resides at the heart of all Bog Standard does, capable of effortlessly bringing treasured memories rushing to the forefront of one's mind. Since 2001 they've been crafting scented goods that capture wonderful little details of the Irish life and landscape. Located in a converted mushroom factory in the County Down countryside, Bog Standard has become a definitive favorite for stylish giftware with a quirky, Irish twist.